Saturday, October 01, 2005

Spinal Apocalypse

On thursday Brücke und Brünst had a little gathering. No, those are not their names, I'm changing them. Lucas and Dan and I were there, we drank a few bourbons, watched a popular reality TV show in which a friend of ours, we'll call him Rådjur, is doing very well in, spoke to said friend per video call, and went outside. Lucas started balancing on his back on one of those log things supported by two logs that divides off a park, lifting his arms and legs up. Dan and I followed, trying to do the same. Dan had a few spectacular falls, and when I tried it, I couldn't, I was wobbling even when my feet were on the ground. I eventually got it. My back was a little sore. We went back into the house and looked at photos and watched videos on Brücke and Brünst's computer. Lucas drove Dan and me home. It was a good night, although some things that should have been done, were not.

I woke up the next morning, Friday, with a bit of a sore back, not just as if I'd slept wrongly, but it was definitely related to the log balancing. James went to Melbourne in the morning, to return on Tuesday. I went about my day. Everyone went out and I was home alone. The cats were being annoying, acting like the wanted to go out and when I got up to let them out they just looked outside and went "Meh", then they wanted food, but wouldn't eat. I brought the bin in and sat down again. My back was really starting to hurt, and when I moved it got worse. When I moved once, a jolt of pain shot through me, and it freaked me out and my whole back tensed up. I turned off the computer because a storm was coming, and went to lie down on my bed. It was hard to lie down, and then I felt the need to shove a pillow under my spine to arch it backwards. That didn't help. I freaked out and after a few painful failed attempts, I got myself up and out into the loungeroom. It kept getting worse and my stomach started cramping and I nearly vomited. I tried to ring mum, but just got her voicemail message (which is just her going "Hellooooooooo??", so I started to speak after it... embarrasment or what?). Dad rang up and I told him about my back and he said to have a hot bath. For me, getting into the bath is probably not good for my spine at the best of times, I'm too tall, and I didn't want to lie down, so instead I had a hot shower. When I got out of the shower mum was home, and I had a couple of aspirin, and it was more bearable. I went to bed a little bit worried that sleep would make it worse.

Then suddenly I was awake. There was a huge explosion in the sky, and I jerked awake and to the side to look out my window. When the sound died down I called out "What the fuck was that?", assuming that everyone else would be awake too. I thought it was the end of the world, a meteorite or something, and then I was thinking "bomb". Dad said "thunder" and Sam said the lightening had been really bright, and then I was sane again. There was no indication of a storm until this stage, no wind, no rain, just a huge explosion in the sky, but then it started to rain.

Woke up this morning with a worse back than last night. It was an ordeal plugging my computer in (I tried, it hurt, I gave up - got dad to do it). Had two aspirin (two in the middle of the night as well, so my blood will be pretty thin by now... I wonder if I'll start bleeding internally), heat back on my back, and its ok now if I stay still... typing is permitted.

I'm going to have to go to physio next week. My physiotherapist is hot, although maybe not anymore as five years of aging would have taken their toll. Anyway, sorry this posting is boring as bat shit, it's just my diary, and really, if you don't like it, don't read it. Or alternatively, leave a rude, abusive comment... it would make a change to the random spam comments (which in theory should have declined, because I set the reply thing to use that text recognition thing). Anyway, that's your lot for the day.

Cheerio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home